22nd October 2020
Dear Parents and Carers,
As part of ensuring we are always ‘being our best’ at Sythwood, we have reviewed our remote learning offer. This will apply if your child is unable to attend school due to Covid-related reasons. Please take some time to read through the arrangements we have put in place, and the next steps to ensure that you are ready to access this, if needed.
- If an individual or small group of children are self-isolating or awaiting the outcome of tests:
- In these circumstances, children will be offered access to the Oak National Academy https://classroom.thenational.academy/schedule-by-year
- Here children will be provided with a daily schedule of learning across a range of subjects at an age appropriate level
- A member of staff will contact parents to explain which lessons your child should complete in order to fit in with the sequence of work being covered at school
- Children can email the class teacher their completed work and an acknowledgement of learning will be given within 48 hours of receiving this.
- If your child is part of a bubble that is not permitted to attend school and is self-isolating because there has been a positive test; or your child’s bubble has closed or is on rotation due to staff shortages or a local or national lockdown:
- Years 1 – 6: All children to log onto Microsoft Teams between 9:00 – 9:30 for a welcome, reflection on the previous day’s learning, talk through the day and live input for a lesson. Please note: If children are unable to make this live session, for example because siblings also need to log on, it will be recorded so that children are able to watch at a later point in the day.
- Daily maths, English and wider curriculum learning will be set through Microsoft Teams. One of these will be a live input / recorded input from a teacher.
- This learning will continue in line with the curriculum sequence and expectations in the same way that it would within the classroom. Children’s knowledge and skills will be built incrementally so that they can then complete set tasks and assignments via Microsoft Teams.
- Teachers will check and acknowledge all work and give more in depth feedback once a day, provided that work is submitted by the due date. Assessment and feedback will be used to adjust the pace of learning or level of difficulty as necessary, with further learning then adapted as a result.
- Reception: Children in Reception will receive their learning via Tapestry. Login details for Tapestry have already been given to you by your child’s class teacher.
- Nursery: Children in Nursery should look at the year group page on the website for daily learning opportunities at https://www.sythwood.surrey.sch.uk/1335/our-nursery
Next steps for parents with children in Years 1 – 6:
- You will receive a separate email which will provide you with your child’s log in details for Microsoft Teams – this will be a school email address for your child and a password. If you have not received this email by Monday 2nd November, please contact the school office.
- Watch the video tutorial about how to use Microsoft Teams on the school website (to be uploaded shortly) : https://www.sythwood.surrey.sch.uk/3862/remote-learning
- Please read the Acceptable Use Agreement at the end of this letter. By signing in to Microsoft Teams you are accepting these terms and conditions.
- We want to be able to support all families to be able to access this learning. We have laptops and iPads in school that we are able to loan. Complete the Request for Support form if you require this by visiting: https://www.sythwood.surrey.sch.uk/3862/remote-learning