What is the Sports Premium?
The Government is continuing to provide funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding will be allocated to primary school headteachers.
Schools receive PE and sport premium funding based on the number of pupils in years 1 to 6.
We will be awarded £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil in year 1-6.
Key criteria to measure the effective use of this funding include:
• An increased participation in PE and sport.
• All children develop healthy lifestyles.
• All children reach the performance levels they are capable of.
• Development of opportunities for children to apply, rehearse and refine skills and knowledge acquired in a variety of PE/ sports contexts.
• Inclusion for all through diverse experiences which foster an ethos of fair-play and competition.