International Primary Curriculum (IPC)
Our intention at Sythwood Primary and Nursery School, is to deliver a curriculum that not only reflects our diverse cohort of children, but will create internationally minded learners who will succeed in the 21st century. The International Primary Curriculum (IPC) provides a cross-curricular teaching structure designed to engage children of all abilities. We have developed the IPC for our children to ensure our pupils meet statutory requirements in a creative and stimulating way. By refining our approach, we now supplement certain subjects with additional resources to ensure we deliver a coherent curriculum that is specific to our children in our community. Our IPC curriculum is the main driver for our history and Geography curriculum.
We aim for our children:
- To have an immersive experience of all the individual subjects of learning grounded by one central theme
- To broaden their knowledge and curiosity of the world whilst making connection to their own lives
- To gain exciting first hand experiences linked to their learning
- To confidently express themselves with a wide range of vocabulary in a range of circumstances
- To feel proud of sharing their learning with their peers, friends and family