2 year olds - FEET
Funded Early Education for Two year olds (FEET)
Funded Early Education for Two year olds (FEET) is an offer of up to 15 hours of free early education and childcare a week. To be eligible to apply for FEET your family must meet either the automatically funded, financial or other criteria shown below.
Families who meet the automatically funded and financial criteria can apply themselves but families who are applying under other criteria will need to be referred to the Surrey County Council FEET team. If your child does not meet any of these they may still be eligible for funding if a professional involved with your family considers them to have a significant need.
Automatically funded criteria:
If your child is in one of the groups below they will automatically be eligible to claim FEET:
- Child looked after by Surrey County Council.
- Child who has been adopted or has left care through special guardianship or a residence order.
- Child with a current statement of special educational needs (SEN) or an education, health and care plan.
- Child getting Disability Living Allowance (DLA).
If your family receives one of the following benefits then your child may be eligible to claim FEET:
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Income related to Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Support through Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit and have a gross annual income up to £16,190
- Working Tax Credit and have an annual income under £16,190 before tax
- Working Tax Credit 'run-on' – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Funding can be applied for the term of your child's second birthday but it won't start until the following academic term. Your child can continue to receive FEET until the term after their third birthday when they will become eligible for Free Early Education for 3 and 4 year olds (FEE Funding) which our Nursery also supports.
For more information, a full list of the FEET criteria, and to get specific advice about your particular circumstances, visit the Surrey County Council FEET page.